Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dangerous Driving

Hello dear readers. I consider myself as an average driver. But lately, I discovered that my levelheadedness level has gone down a few notches. On Thursday, I woke up with something that felt approximately like a cold black rock growing inside my head. Ugh. Horrible headache it was.

Of course I did not feel like going to work. I was not fit to drive anyway. But still, I dragged myself out of bed. Hellbent on NOT skipping work (because if I skip even one day, my salary for the month would probably amount only up to RM2.) Yes dear readers. This silly girl should stay at home in bed, but instead she dragged her sorry ass all the way to work.(please note the usage of the word 'dragged'.) Because of all the dragging, I was late. Which is to be expected, of course.

Just as I was about to enter the highway, a car came swerving into my lane. I hit the brakes. My laptop and bag on the front seat slid down. Shoot. And there it was. What was supposed to be my breakfast: McD apple pie. Now smashed into a gooey flat pulp.

A few minutes later, a stupid car braked suddenly again. I had to brake as well. What made this time so scary was the fact that I was only about a few centimeters from the car in front. The laptop slid down again. Apple pie received a second smashing. That was close!

When I reached the office and finally settled down, the gooey apple pie tasted better than it looked.

No comments: