Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Obnoxious

Good day dear readers. Today I feel compelled to share a slice of the many grotesque occurrences in my daily existence.

Have you ever met anyone so utterly obnoxious? So incomprehensibly obnoxious, it makes your brows twitch with disapproval? So horrendously obnoxious, it makes your hair curl with disdain. So sublimely obnoxious, it gives you goosebumps fueled by scorn.

If such questions were to be directed to me, I would answer "YES" to every single one of them. Most of my days in training are also spent in training to dodge this obnoxious bully, apart from training to become an engineer one day. Each attack was handled pretty well. Except in one or two cases in which the bullying has escalated to obscene magnitudes, of course things got somewhat ugly.

Dear readers, if all the browbeating and pushing-around endured were to be recorded it would be endless. But fortunately, (or not) I will only write about the worst encounter. Once, during a regular Friday afternoon, I was having 'tapau'ed lunch in the office with the usual group. All of a sudden, this obnoxious creature came into the picture. The creature joked around, horsed around, jumped around. I don't give a hoot about it. I just went on with my lunch until it was time for the best part of lunch : dessert.

Oh yes readers. I had cendol for dessert. Scrumptious, icy-cold cendol. It was heavenly. It WAS. Until the creature tossed murukku into my cendol. Please note that I only had four spoons of cendol before it was ruined. Gone. Nada. Squat. Zero. Sifar. No more cendol.

I was absolutely furious. Every fiber of me burned with violent rage. Err... and I sort of attacked this creature. It was a spur of the moment reflex-action. Not proud to admit this. But you would probably do the same. The pain I endured. I felt rage drowning a large section of my brain and oozing out my ears in cascading red waves.

I must have likened the creature to Gollum. The creature and Gollum bear many similar qualities in many ways. The creature is not Gollum, of course. The creature is a person. An educated one too. *hinthintcanyouguesstheoccupation*

1 comment:

kay-Leen said...

this is totally hilarious...it's so funny how you described it..:P
im reading this during lunch hour now in the office and i cant stop laughing..lol
btw, it's "annoying-ly cruel" that the creature tossed muruku into your cendol..
dont you feel like smacking him? haha

*hinthintcanyouguesstheoccupation*
: senior engineer in your office? :p